Terms & Conditions
Note: during the event, the Rules of the Game also apply.
If you make use of a promotion, the promotion terms & conditions also apply.
- When spoken of a ‘vehicle’ in these Terms & Conditions it applies to the vehicle used to participate in the event.
- When spoken of the ‘participant’ in these Terms & Conditions it applies to the participant that signed the Terms & Conditions.
- When spoken of the ‘team’ in these Terms & Conditions it applies to the team a person has registered. The person who has registered the team is hold accountable for the team.
- When spoken of the ‘event’ in these Terms & Conditions it applies to the event organised by Wacky Wheels for which the team has registered itself through the website www.wackywheels.nl.
- When spoken of the ‘organisation’ and ‘organisers’ in these Terms & Conditions it applies to Wacky Wheels V.o.F, registered under Chamber of Commerce Number: 74277170.
Entry and Participation
- The team agrees to enter and participate in the event according to the rules detailed in the subsequent articles and stipulations. The team acknowledges the fact that it’s required that each participant signs these terms&conditions at the start of the event.
- The team agrees to pay the organisers the entry fee as specified on www.wackywheels.nl at the time of registration. In case of an incorrect price published on the website, the team has the possibility to either withdraw their subscription and get their money back or pay the difference to keep their registration.
- The team acknowledges that any additional cost, including (but not limited to) petrol, tolls, accommodation, food and drinks, are not included in the entry fee and are not covered by the organisers.
- Transferring or selling the registration to another team is only allowed upon mail approval from the organisation. The registration cannot be sold for a higher price than the original entry fee.
- Wacky Wheels runs certain editions multiple times. No participant is allowed to join in the same event (identified by the name of the event) for a second time.
- A team consists of a minimum of two and a maximum of four participants.
- The registration becomes definite only after the entry fee has been received by the organisation.
- It is not allowed to add non-registered participants during the event.
- All participants must be at least 18 years of age on the first day of the event.
- At least one participant per team must hold a current, valid and unrestricted driving license. Each participant must comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations of the country in which the team is travelling, including but not limited to road rules, speed regulations, safety regulations and laws relating to the possession or use of alcohol and/or other prohibited substances.
- All participants need to carry a valid identification document throughout the course of the event.
- The organisation has the right to close the registration to limit the amount of teams.
Risk and Insurance
- Each participant by virtue of these Terms & Conditions acknowledges all risks associated with the event and voluntarily enters into this agreement and assumes all risks of loss, damages, injury or death that may be sustained. Each participant jointly and severally agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the organisation and assigns from and against any and all actions including, but not limited to: claims, damages, demands, liabilities which the organisation may pay a settlement or compromise of any claims or liabilities.
- Each team is required to have a vehicle that meets all legal requirements and has all legal insurances. Meeting the legal requirements of the vehicle is the full and sole responsibility of the participants. The organisation can never be held accountable nor is responsible for meeting these legal requirements.
- The organisers advise that each participant takes out the appropriate personal travel, accident and health insurance for the duration of the event. The participants are fully responsible for any accidents, violations of legal rules and they will notify the organisation immediately in case they are involved in such an incident.
- The organisers do not provide any kind of road assistance, breakdown services or insurances. In case the insurance does not cover certain damage the organisation cannot be held accountable.
Terminations and Cancellations
- The organisers reserve the right at any time to terminate this agreement by giving notice to the team in the event that a team member commits a martial breach of any obligation under this agreement or commits a crime under the local domestic law. In such circumstances the participants will have no right for any restitution of the registration fee.
- The organisers have the right to cancel the event up to 1 month before the start in case less than 20 teams have registered. If occurred the organisers will refund the registration fee within a month after the decision, however Wacky Wheels is not accountable for any other costs made by the teams (like transport or accommodation reservations) and will not pay for them.
- A decision to stop the event can only be made by the organisation, which will then be irreversible, and the decision will not be open for discussion.
- In case of a cancellation by the participant the registration fee will not be reimbursed.
Events Outside of Control (Force Majeure)
- Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, fire, explosion, flood, storm, earthquake, act of war, governmental action, epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond our control.
- In case the event has to be cancelled/stopped as a result of a force majeure the participants will have the right for the restitution of the registration fee after deduction of the costs already made by the organisation.
Intellectual Property, Commercial/Media Rights and Confidentiality
- By participating in the event each participant consents to be included in any footage (pictures or movies) that documents the event. Each participant also consents to the use of photographs, names and other forms of likeness in all media without claim to royalties or income alike.
- The participant acknowledges that the organisers may seek to maximise income and/or exposure from the exploitation of commercial rights by entering into agreements with commercial partners.
- The participant acknowledges and agrees that all intellectual property rights arising from and in relation to the event including, but not limited to: name, logo, files, storyline, puzzles and photographs shall be exclusively owned by the organisers. The participant further acknowledges and agrees that it shall not obtain any right or attempt to obtain any right in the Intellectual property assigning from or in relation to the event by virtue of entry or association otherwise.
- You are bound to keep details of the experience confidential as to preserve the experience for others. Without permission from Wacky Wheels you agree not to disclose videos, photos, business or technical information of the experience for example, but not limited to: game play, puzzle design and puzzle solutions. This information is confidential and must not be disclosed in writing, orally or represented visually.
- It is not allowed for the participants to consume alcohol in/on the vehicle during the event or just prior to the event.
- It is not allowed for the participants to behave unsportsmanlike and/or antisocial and hinder other road users.
- The result of the event is never dependent on speed and/or time.
- Each participant by the virtue of these Terms & Conditions waives any appeal to judicial actions against the organisation of the event.
- In the period from start to after the event the participant is always responsible and accountable for any violations that cause damage to the event, the organisation or other participants. This means any damage in material sense, name, financial, negative publicity, etc.